The Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) is hosting their annual conference in Orlando, Florida April 13-16, 2013. The conference aims at supporting professional growth and development of individuals conducting clinical trials. ACRP’s conference also offers an exhibition component that provides additional education and a forum for exchange and peer-to-peer engagement.
Among the 14 different topic areas offered during sessions and workshops, the following focus on medical device research specifically:
- Medical Device Applications for Risk-Based Monitoring and Quality Risk Management - presented by Kimberly Oleson and Margaret (Peggy) Fay, of Medtronic Inc.
- Primmer on Molecular Diagnostics: The Future of Personalized Medicine presented by Diana Maria and Robin Newman, of Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics
- Strategies for Choosing Where to Conduct Your Device Clinical Study- U.S. or O.U.S? Presented by Susan Rockwell and Ronal Warren of Aptiv Solutions and Paul Below of American Medical Systems
- CDISC Standards WILL be Required for Device Companies! Presented by Kit Howard of Kestrel Consultants and Rhonda Facile of the CDASH project
- What IS the Relationship between an HDE and HUD or are They the Same? Presented by Lee Truax-Bellows of Norwich Clinical Research Associates
- Building Quality into Clinical Trials: FDA and Medical Device Perspectives presented by Susan Rockwell and Jean Toth-Allen, a biophysicist with the FDA
- Premarket Notification (510(k)) MDUFA III Changes: Presented by Marjorie Shulman from the FDA
- ISO 14155-The GCP Equivalent for Medical Devices: Current Issues presented by Norbet Clemens of CRS Mannheim GmbH
Starting April 15, 2013, look for blogs by IMARC highlighting lessons learned and hot topics presented at ACRP conference! Are you or someone from your company planning on attending ACRP’s conference? What sessions or workshops are planning on attending?
Photo Credit: Leo Reynolds